Meals on Wheels
- • Have time and a car?
- • Want an easy, one time or occasional service project for yourself or your family?
- • Want to make a real difference in someone’s day today?
Normandale has a long history of supporting Meals on Wheels, a local non-profit, that delivers prepared meals to individuals who are largely homebound.
Nancy McCann, Normandale member, and our Meals on Wheels Volunteer Coordinator, is seeking drivers. She coordinates volunteer drivers for the second Tuesday, second Wednesday, and fifth Monday of every month from a call list she keeps.
The commitment looks like this:
- • Total time commitment is 1 1/2 hours on the day you choose.
- • Pick up meals/driving instructions at United Methodist Church of Peace at 6345 Xerxes Avenue South, Richfield on your day to deliver.
- • Drive meals to homes, meeting them with a big smile and as much light in you as you have!
- • Flexibility is huge. Tell Nancy McCann what day(s) and month(s) work for you or let her know you’d like to be a one time a year or one time helper. Substitutes on call are also needed.
To volunteer, contact Nancy McCann at 952-835-7853. For more information about Meals on Wheels, visit www.meals-on-wheels.com.