High School Hangout (Grades 10-12)
Wednesdays | 8:00-9:00 pm
Come as you are to High School Hangout! It is a place where all senior high youth can grow in relationship to God and others, and share their unique gifts, talents, vitality, and passion. This is a community where you can bring friends and make new ones. ALL are welcome to join in the learning, loving, serving and worshiping! There will be snacks! Come to the hangout!
Each month we will dig into Normandale’s four core pillars (love, learning, worship, and service) through fellowship activities (Glow-in-the-dark Nuke ‘Em! Gaga Ball! Ice Skating! Bonfires! Bike rides!), small and large group Bible, faith, and life discussions on important topics, experiencing different styles of worship and prayer (and even attend a concert or interfaith worship service somewhere new!), and participate in on or off-site service projects.
Questions? Contact Maggie Jones, Director of Youth & Family Ministry, at email@example.com.
2019-2020 High School Hangout Registration
Join us for High School Hangout! Cick below to use our All-in-One Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Registration form to sign-up today!
Join High School Leadership Team!
11th and 12th graders who regularly attend High School Hangout are strongly encouraged to apply to be a part of the High School Leadership Team.
The High School Leadership Team (HSLT) meets monthly and will have opportunities all year to grow as leaders and build confidence by:
- Leading one High School Hangout
- Helping to lead prayers, readings, activities and more during various Confirmation Large Group sessions or Children/Youth Live & Learning on Sunday mornings
- Being counselors during 3 days of our Summer Stretch programs for 4th-9th graders
- Participating in one NLC Peer Ministry Leadership retreat and/or the STEP UP Leadership Development Conference at Gustavus
- Planning fun events for high school youth, serving as peer leaders, leaders in the congregation, role models for younger students in and more
*Students who are already on the HSLT do not need to apply again.*
Applications are due September 25! Our first meeting will be on Sunday, October 6. Click the button below to print an application form or pick one up at the Fishbowl.